If you have previously owned a scanner and need to restore it to working order, follow these steps:
1.Check the back of your computer to make sure the scanner itself is connected correctly. Make sure all cables are connected securely.
2. Open the Start menu and search for “Device Manager”. Once Device Manager is open, select the option to view devices by type.
3. Look for the scanner’s name in the list of devices, and check that its status is listed as “working properly”.
4. If the status of the scanner is not working properly, try updating or reinstalling the scanner’s drivers. You can find the correct driver for your device on the manufacturer’s website.
5. Once the driver is installed, restart your computer and open the Device Manager again to check if the scanner is now working properly.
6. If the driver fails to install or the scanner still isn’t working, try unplugging and reconnecting the scanner from your computer.
7. If the above steps don’t work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the scanner. To do this, open the Device Manager, right click on the scanner and select “Uninstall”.
8. After the uninstallation is complete, turn off your computer and then unplug the scanner. Wait a few minutes before reconnecting the scanner.
9. Turn on your computer and open the Device Manager again. Windows should automatically detect the scanner and reinstall it.
10. Finally, restart your computer and check that the scanner is now working properly.
Hopefully, these steps will help you restore your scanner. If this does not work, you may need to contact the manufacturer to see if they can offer any additional support.