Adding a User Account
1. Open the Start menu and click on the Control Panel.
2. Select “User Accounts”.
3. Choose the “Manage User Accounts” option.
4. Click “Add” in the right hand corner.
5. Enter the user’s name and password and click “Next”.
6. Choose whether the user should be an administrator or not. Administrator users can install software, change settings and access other user accounts. Standard users do not have these privileges.
7. Select a welcome message that will be displayed when the user logs into their account.
8. Choose an image for the user’s profile picture and click “OK”.
9. Click “Finish” to complete the user account creation process.
Removing a User Account
1. Open the Control Panel and select “User Accounts”.
2. Choose the user that you want to delete and click “Delete”.
3. Select “Delete Files” if you want to delete the user’s files and user folder.
4. Click “OK” to confirm the deletion.
5. Click “Next” and then “Finish” to complete the process.
It is important to note that deleting a user account will not delete the user’s files or folder. You will need to delete these manually if you choose to do so. Additionally, if there is more than one user account on the computer, it is important to make sure that at least one user account remains as an administrator. If all administrator accounts are deleted, it can cause issues with managing settings and installing software.