To clean the feeder rollers of your scanner, you will need a few cleaning supplies. You will need a lint-free cloth, alcohol or a specialized cleaning solution such as Isopropyl Alcohol or IPA, dust mask, and some compressed air.
1. Before starting the process, make sure to turn off the scanner and unplug any USB cords connected to it.
2. If possible, remove the scanner feeder tray to make the cleaning process easier.
3. Put on the dust mask to prevent inhaling any dust particles that may be present.
4. Use the compressed air to blow away any visible dust or debris from the rollers and inside the scanner.
5. If there is still dust or debris visible, use the lint-free cloth and carefully dab it on the rollers. Make sure to only apply light pressure to avoid damaging the rollers.
6. Dip one end of the cloth in either the alcohol or cleaning solution and use this on the rollers with gentle pressure. This should help to remove any sticky residue.
7. After you have finished cleaning the rollers, use the dry end of the cloth to absorb any excess liquid and let the roller surfaces dry before plugging it back in and turning it on.
8. To prevent build-up in the future, you can periodically use the compressed air to remove any dust.
Following these steps should help you keep your scanner feeder rollers clean, improve the performance of your scanner, and extend its lifetime.