1. Make sure your computer is up to date: Ensure that your Windows 11 system is up to date by going to the Settings app > Updates & Security > Windows Update. Click “Check for updates” to make sure your device has all the latest security patches.
2. Deleting unneeded files: Unused and unnecessary files take up valuable disk space, so delete any files on your system that you no longer need. You can find these easily by searching in your file explorer for large or old files.
3. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Go to the Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and select the “Startup” tab. Here, you can disable programs that are running in the background every time Windows starts up. This is helpful for freeing up memory and speeding up your system.
4. Use Disk Cleanup: The Disk Cleanup program can be used to free up disk space and improve your computer’s performance. Open the Start menu and type “Disk Cleanup” into the search bar, then press enter. Select the drive you want to clean and confirm the files you want to remove.
5. Adjust Power Settings: By default, Windows 11 runs with a balanced power plan, which uses more power than necessary without offering much of a performance boost. To improve speed, switch your power settings to “High Performance” and see if this makes a difference.
6. Run Disk Defragmenter: Disk Defragmenter is a Windows utility that reorganizes fragmented pieces of data and puts them back together, resulting in faster system performance. You can access it from the Start menu by typing “Defragment” into the search bar.
7. Change Visual Effects: Windows 11 comes with a lot of fancy visual effects that can slow down your computer. To improve performance, go to the Start menu and type “Performance Options” into the search bar. Then, uncheck all the options under the Visual Effects tab.
8. Add more RAM: If your computer is still performing slowly, consider adding more RAM (random access memory). This will allow your system to store more information and run applications faster. Consult your computer’s user manual for instructions on how to add RAM.