One way to set your desktop background in the Windows Control Panel is by following the steps below. Depending on the version of Windows you are using, the steps may vary slightly.
1. Open the Control Panel by searching for it in the Start menu or typing “control” into the search box. The Control Panel window will appear.
2. Under the Appearance and Personalization section, click on “Change Desktop Background”.
3. A window for “Personalization” will open. From here, you can choose from a variety of settings related to colors, themes, and backgrounds.
4. If you want to choose your own image, make sure the “Picture” tab is selected.
5. In the Location drop-down menu, select where you would like to browse for the image; this could be your own files, a website, or the Windows library.
6. Once you have chosen your image, select it, and then click the “Save Changes” button.
7. You can also adjust the picture position, fit, tint, and other options from this location.
8. Click “OK” when you are done. Your new desktop background should now be visible.
These steps will allow you to customize your desktop background to whatever image you like. Be sure that the image you choose is the correct resolution for your particular device. You can also use these steps to adjust other personalization settings, such as screen savers, accent colors, and more.