To turn off auto updates in Control Panel, follow these steps:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Select System and Security.
3. Click on Windows Update.
4. In the left-hand pane of the Windows Update window, click Change Settings.
5. Under Important Updates, choose the option you’d like to use for important updates. (Note: “Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them” is recommended as it gives you the most control over your updates).
6. Under Recommended Updates, select from the options available. (Note: It is recommended to select “Never check for updates (not recommended)” as this will turn off any automatic downloads for recommended updates.)
7. Once you’ve made your changes, click OK to save them.
8. You may be asked to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. If so, select Restart Now to apply the changes.
You have now successfully turned off auto updates in Control Panel.