1. Download a cryptocurrency wallet- Depending on the type of currency you are storing, you may need to choose a specific wallet application.
2. Install the wallet – Install the wallet application onto your computer or mobile device.
3. Create a password – Create a unique and secure password for your wallet.
4. Generate a public key – Generate a public key to share with others when sending/receiving cryptocurrency.
5. Generate a private key – Generate a private key which will be used to authenticate and securely store your cryptocurrency.
6. Receive cryptocurrency – You can receive cryptocurrency into your wallet by providing the sender with your public key.
7. Send cryptocurrency – You can send cryptocurrency out of your wallet by providing the recipient with your public key.
8. Manage your cryptocurrency – Finally, you can manage your cryptocurrency. Use tools within your wallet application to view your balances and make transactions.