1. Understand the basics of how cryptocurrency works, including what blockchain technology is and how it powers cryptocurrencies.
2. Know the different types of cryptocurrencies available, their purpose and how they differ from one another.
3. Learn how to decide which cryptocurrency to invest in and how to spot potential opportunities.
4. Understand the risks associated with investing in cryptocurrencies and how to mitigate them.
5. Research the different exchanges and wallets available and how to use them.
6. Know how to safely store your cryptocurrencies so that they are secure.
7. Learn how to track your investments, monitor prices and stay up-to-date on developments in the world of cryptocurrencies.